Ahead of Apple’s “iPhone 12” launch, CEO Tim Cook has revealed what he calls his Apple Music playlist for this event day.
“Hey, Siri, play my event day playlist,” said Tim Cook on Twitter, and included an Apple Music link to the whole playlist. The list, seemingly updated yesterday, has 27 songs and runs for 1 hour and 42 minutes.
All of the tracks are upbeat, but otherwise represent an eclectic range of artists, genres and styles. It’s more than possible that there is a hint of the Apple event in the choice of music.
It begins with a trio of “High Hopes,” “Whatever It Takes,” and “Come As You Are,” from artists Panic! At the Disco, Imagine Dragons and Tenile Townes. There are also perhaps subtle nods to cameras and photography as the rest of the list includes Johnny Nash with “I Can See Clearly Now,” and the cast of “Hamilton” performing “My Shot.”
American artists and bands are prominently featured, including Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen, and Bob Dylan. There’s also “Rock Steady” from the late Aretha Franklin, whom Tim Cook has previously lauded.
The whole playlist can be listened to either on Apple Music for Apple devices such as iPhones, Macs, iPads, and HomePod, or directly online.
Tim Cook’s Event Day Playlist
Alternatively, if you just want to read what’s on the list and wonder whether Bob Dylan’s “Tangled Up in Blue” was chosen for any particular color-related reason, here’s the complete list.
- High Hopes by Panic! At the Disco
- Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons
- Come as You Are by Tenile Townes
- Three Little Birds by Bob Marley & the Wailers
- Good Times Roll by Jimmie Allen & Nelly
- Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder
- I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash
- Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
- You Gotta Be by Des’ree
- Glory by Tiwa Savage
- My Shot by the cast of “Hamilton”
- No Bailes Sola (Version Acustica)
- Tangled Up in Blue by Bob Dylan
- Jump by Van Halen
- Take Me to the Church by Hozier
- Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys
- Experience (Live)
- Everybody Loves the Sunshine by Roy Ayers Ubiquity
- Rise Up by Andra Day
- Wonderful by Burna Boy
- Feel Like Jumping by Marcia Griffiths
- Fast as You Can by Fiona Apple
- I Lived by OneRepublic
- Rock Steady by Aretha Franklin
- Identical (from the Motion Picture “On the Rocks”)
- Experience by Victoria Monet, Khalid & SG Lewis
- Dancing in the Moonlight (featuring NEIMY) by Jubel